Pages

1/72 Zoids Zero Liger

Another great model from GN particles! check it out

I got the Zoids Zero Liger 1/72 kit a while back and it’s been sitting there tempting me to build it.dsc02510 I started with the red pieces, and I used my now classic combination of Createx pearl red with a top coat of Tamiya clear red. I always love how this combination comes out.dsc02511 For the brown pieces, I went with Alclad copper with a top coat of Tamiya smoke to darken them down a bit.dsc02512 I didn’t want the gold pieces to be too glitzy or bright, so I went with Alclad pale gold and a top coat of Tamiya smoke.dsc02513 These pieces are blue plastic, but I went with Alclad polished aluminium for them.dsc02514 dsc02515 dsc02516 dsc02517 Here’s the assembled claws with the polished aluminium contrasting nicely with the dark gold.dsc02518 Next I cut out the white pieces. Now I’d been thinking since I bought the kit that I didn’t want the Liger Zero to be white. I don’t know why, but the white just didn’t appeal to me.dsc02519Given the pieces I’d already painted and my desire to do the frame in gunmetal, I went with Tamiya dark grey for the armour pieces.dsc02520 With a top coat of Future Finish, they took the black oil paint panel line wash really well. The panel lines are very nicely defined on this kit.dsc02521 dsc02522 For the panel lines on the polished aluminium I went with some carefully applied Tamiya smoke.dsc02524 With the frame I’m going with Tamiya gunmetal. It works well, and takes the panel line wash of black oil paint without me needing to do a Future Finish top coat, which certainly saves time. It also acts as a nice base to paint in some gold and Tamiya clear red details by hand.dsc02525Here’s more pieces with their oil paint wash drying. Once dry, I’ll just use my thumb or a cotton bud to wipe off the excess.



Recently people come to this page by searching of gundam model kits, gundam model kit, gundam models, gundam perfect grade, gundam toys, bandai hobby, gundam mg , mg gundam , gundam planet , destiny gundam , gundam wing zero , gundam marker, bandai gundam, gunpla, gundam papercraft, model gundam, bandai toys
via 1/72 Zoids Zero Liger

Gundam

Most Searched Gundam

 

Recent Post